Monday, June 2, 2014

DIY: Studded Flip-Flips


DIY: Studded Flip-Flops!!


Summer is coming! Summer is coming!  So, this month I will be featuring a variety of DIY Flip-Flops.  

The Task:  Flippie floppies don't need to be boring OR expensive.  So, grab a pair and spice them up a bit.

The Ingredients: inexpensive flip-flops (got mine from the Dollar Tree), studs, E6000 glue

The Purchase Locations: Dollar Tree, downtown LA rhinestone shop for studs and glue, rubbing alcohol

The Cost: Approx. $3.00

It only took me: about 10 minutes

How to:
1. Wipe off the plastic straps of your flip flops with alcohol.  I do this so the glue will stick better.

2. Decide what pattern you want for your studs.  I just lined them up about 1/4 inch apart from each other.

3. Add a drop of E6000 to the back of one of your studs and place it on the plastic flip flop strap.

4. Repeat until your flip-flops are full of studs and fabulous.

Enjoy!!!

NOTE: I made a pair with raised "bullet" studs.  The studs started to fall off after I wore them a few times.  (I'll post these soon) So, I suggest flatter studs.

No comments:

Post a Comment